Best Bassinet Strollers for Your Newborn Baby
If you’re looking for a bassinet stroller for your newborn baby and aren’t sure where to look first, then this is for you.
Your child is important, and a major instinct of being a parent is always looking out for your child, especially when you’re making sure that they’re comfortable. However, you might become confused when going out for the shopping experience. With so many strollers in front of you, it’s hard to figure out what the best strollers are for your child’s needs.
One of the most confusing aspects might be the price. You might wonder why one stroller goes for a more affordable price than another one. There are a variety of reasons for this, but no matter what, you should be able to find a reliable stroller no matter your budget.
Thus, we have looked into the what we consider some of the best bassinet strollers on the market and ranked and reviewed them based on various criteria detailed below, just for you!
We feel that this bassinet stroller (and additional future-proof modes) is the best pick for all the family adventures you are looking forward to for a few reasons.
Firstly, this stroller gives you three configurations you can use and switch around easily, making it always ready for all the challenges you want to take it through. The bassinet portion can also accommodate young children weighing between 4 and 50 pounds.
Next, the stroller has dual modes you can use to operate it, which helps you have some piece of mind when moving with your baby. In total, there are six modes. The different modes include a toddler stroller, frame stroller, a reversible carriage mode (this has two options), and independent travel system (hand carrier). It’s very easy to switch between modes, too. In addition, the rear facing height is 17 to 32 inches.
Additionally, the wheels have a great design, as they are resistant to punctures due to being composed of fully organic rubber. The wheels are also cruiser tires, which ensure the stroller can move across different surfaces and give your baby a comfortable ride even on bumpy or rocky terrain. The stroller is also comfortable fairly comfortable to push due to the ergonomically designed handle.
Finally, the travel package also includes a car seat that is lightweight and easy to carry around. The car seat is easy to attach and detach from the stroller, and can easily fit in with your lifestyle on the go.
(Pro tip to remember: when placing your child in the car seat, always ensure your child’s head is at least an inch below the seat back for maximum safety during movement.)
- Fairly lightweight and compact compared to many other strollers out there
- Great, sturdy ergonomic design built to last through at lease one or two early childhood(s)
- Padding is nice, soft, and feels plush
- Car seat fixture does not include additional shoulder straps like the bassinet portion does
This second bassinet stroller combination package combines ergonomic design with convenience, making it a great selection for a bassinet stroller and the early years of your baby. The design is unique, incorporating a silver appearance to create a beautiful feeling of luxury and elegance as you move around with your young one. One major aspect is the anti-shock design, which uses the front wheel springs to absorb shocks and protect your infant.
Regardless of the surface you move the stroller on, the stroller guarantees a comfortable ride as the wheels are all terrain and do not suffer punctures at all. The design of the stroller is also flexible, and you can rotate the wheels 360 degrees or choose to lock them in a specified position to your preference.
In addition, the materials that make up the frame are all comfortable and friendly. These include the linen fabric. The fabric is eco-friendly, anti-bacterial, anti-static, non-allergic, and is not torn easily either! The frame is also made of lightweight aluminum alloy, adding smoothness and durability to the overall build.
There are extra features for your convenience as well – including the ability to convert the bassinet portion of the stroller into a toddler seat. From 0 to 6 months the baby can easily sleep and reside in the bassinet, and from 7 to 36 months they can use it the stroller in a more upright position without any need of purchasing a different stroller or conversion kit. During both the phases, the canopy will protect your child from too much harmful UV rays, too!
Finally, many accessories are included in and around the stroller unit. The various different tools include a cup holder, warm foot cover for the cold days, baby seat cushion, safe stroller wrist strap, and even a mosquito net for the nastier humid days.
- Comfortable to push, and comfortable for your infant
- Various additional accessories to make your life as a parent easier
- Can last up to three years due to the conversion to a toddler stroller after your child grows out of the bassinet seating
- May need additional padding
- Not as luxurious in feel or design compared to pricier options
The next bassinet stroller on the list is this one by Hot Mom. This stroller allows you to monitor your child at all times. You can turn it to face your child directly, or change it 180 degrees so that the child enjoys some nice weather. Or any other angle you like! In addition, your baby stays comfortable due to the padded cushion (3D), as well as the comfortable and breathable fabric in the summer. For the winter, you can also purchase the winter conversion kit to ensure your baby is kept warm even in colder strolls through the season.
The canopy design is impressive, as it incorporates several protection elements. These include a magnet sunroof, 3D padded seat cushion, double-layer down fabric, warm sunscreen, adequate ventilation and an anti-40+UV cover to protect your baby’s skin.
The bassinet is both removable and reversible, as the stroller comes in a 2-in-1 design that you can quickly adjust in both sitting and lying positions for the baby. The manufacturer does not compromise on safety though; the carriage includes a 5-point adjustable belt and a safety strap that you can use to improve the child’s safety. Due to both a bassinet and stroller seat being included, this stroller can last up to three years between the two options.
The tires are smoother and guarantee a more comfortable ride regardless of the surface, due to them being upgraded PU rubber. They are resistant to punctures and leaks, as well as inflation. The tire material is high resistance and anti-perforation, so you’ll never have to worry all too much about wear and tear. In addition, there is a solid braking system that is both convenient and durable. Best of all, the smaller front tires and much larger back tires allow for the stroller to be pushed even on harsher terrain fairly easily.
- Very easy to assemble and use right out of the box
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver even on harsher terrain due to design of tires
- Rotates completely 360 degrees so you may set up the bassinet in any manner you wish
- Double the price, if not triple, of some other much cheaper competitors, but is overall a much more unique and luxury experience
- Somewhat large depending on the layout you have set up
This is among the best strollers to give you the luxury feel you have been searching for, without the price of a luxury stroller. The golden appearance is unlike many of bassinet strollers on the list, which mostly have a gray or silver look, and it also has a beautifully designed brown Lycra canopy. In addition, if you have a young newborn up to six month old, you can put them to sleep in it, while older babies from seven to 36 months old can sit in the stroller.
The materials that make up the frame are all comfortable and friendly. These include the linen fabric that is eco-friendly, anti-bacterial, anti-static and non-allergic, and is not torn easily. There is also the frame that is made of lightweight aluminum alloy, adding smoothness and durability.
The aspect of safety is a priority in the design as well, and the manufacturer focuses on each detail. For instance the front wheels have anti-shock springs that absorb the shock and protect your child when you move through rocky surfaces. The wheel design itself is 12-inches and made from rubber, which allows it to move smoothly on many road surfaces. Because of all these features, it also passes the safety standards of the American ASTM F833.
It is easy for you to adjust the seat position and angle when you need to, and the stroller is convertible for additional security. For comfort reasons, the handle bar is easy to adjust according to your height. The fabrics that comprise the main material are eco-friendly and anti-bacterial, and are not easy to tear.
In addition, the frame is made of rust-resistant, aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, combined with some non-toxic pa plastics, and the frame is stable due to the triangular structure. You will also be happy to hear that there is a 180-money back guarantee to give you some peace of mind when you buy the product. Finally, the packaging also includes other useful accessories such as a cup holder and safe stroller wrist wrap.
- Beautiful, stand-out design compared to the other strollers in its price range
- Easily collapses with no issues
- Comfortable design for the price range
- Mosquito net included isn’t of the greatest quality
The Maxi-Cosi brand of strollers is among the best in the market, and this is no different – in fact, instead of the usual 2-in-1 stroller you find in many strollers, this one has a 5-in-1 functionality that makes it among the best multi-purpose strollers. This does not make it heavy though – the package also includes a lightweight car seat, and the stroller is very easy to maneuver.
The stroller has some settings that make sure the ride is smooth for you and your baby, and you can adjust them effortlessly. The seat is also very easy to recline within seconds whenever you need adjustments.
In addition, you can still maintain great style while traveling, since premium quality fabrics, as well as a heavily padded insert that increases comfort. There is also the inclusion of self-wicking fabric, which acts like a sponge and maintains the dryness of your baby.
A major factor that contributes to the great levels of safety and comfort in the stroller is the addition of a bassinet-style car seat, which can handle kids who weigh between 5 and 30 pounds. There are also swivel wheels that you can lock, a large storage basket, a great canopy, and a latch system that you operate using a single click.
Between the car seat and stroller modular options, you can expect this travel system to easily last through the first few years of your infant’s development.
- Easy to move and transition into one of its five modular travel system options
- Fantastic storage area located in the bottom of the stroller that comes in handy way more often that you even think
- Can be a bit of a burden to push with a full storage area, but that’s added weight for you
What You Should Consider Before Choosing Your Bassinet Stroller
Qualities and Features to Consider Before Purchase
Here are some qualities and features that you may want to think about before you choose what bassinet stroller is right for you and your baby.
- Budget: This is probably one of the most important factors you need to know before you even consider purchasing a bassinet stroller. It is best to know your budget and stick to it. Otherwise, it can quickly get overwhelming very fast when you have so many choices to make. However, some research and time will help you reach your decision easier based on any budget.
- Why You Want Your Stroller: It is always important to decide on what you need to use it for. Are you an active parent that wants to move around constantly on different terrain and surfaces? Do you only intend on walking around on urban sidewalks? Depending on what you’ll be using the stroller for and why you want one, you’ll have different needs and demands for what your bassinet stroller can do for you.
- Travel System: If you need a stroller than doubles as a independent car seat, then you’ll need a travel system. For those who only intend on running their strollers around their neighborhoods, this won’t be as big a consideration. However, many of us will drive to the park or elsewhere before using our strollers. Thus, if you don’t wish to disturb your baby’s sleep, you’ll likely need a stroller than can use your car seat carrier.
- Weight: Bassinet strollers in general weigh less than your typical stroller due to being designed primarily for very young infants. However, not all are built equally when it comes to weight, and this is especially true when you add storage to the mix. How much weight you feel comfortably pushing around will differ from person to person, but be sure to look diligently into not taking on more than you can bear.
- Steering: You need to make sure that the stroller is easy to use and steer, and it also allows you to move through tight spaces confidently or tipping it quickly. You need to make sure that you can walk with it using your normal walking style without injuring yourself or hitting your shins, and especially ensuring that your child is always 100% safe.
- Collapsibility: While this might not seem like an important factor to consider, it actually is. The last thing you want is struggling to collapse a stroller in the middle of an emergency or when your baby is throwing a tantrum, and getting yourself frustrated with the whole process. Before buying a bassinet stroller, make sure to test it out – keep in mind that what may be easy to another person might become difficult for you to handle, or vice versa.
- Accessories: You need to know whether you want extra components, like a storage basket, cup holders, rain covers, blankets, and so on. This is because certain strollers will not work well with some accessories, or they may not have extra space. What’s important to one parent may be completely trivial to another, so this feature will vary in importance greatly from person to person.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bassinet Strollers
Why Should I Consider a Bassinet Stroller?
The answer to this question will depend on your needs.
One of the biggest advantages to bassinet strollers is that you can easily transfer your baby from place to place without having to worry about waking them up. This is primarily due to the fact that a majority of bassinet strollers operate by using the detachable portion of your infant’s car seat.
Another fantastic reason is simply to get your young one up and outdoors at as early as age as possible. Sunlight (but not too much of it!) benefits everyone in a lot of different ways, and is especially important for young ones early in their developmental cycles.
Are Bassinet Strollers Safe?
Bassinet strollers are completely safe to use and operate so long as you adhere to the safety guidelines of the manufacturer.
Always do your due diligence in ensuring that any stroller you own is being used in the correct manner and hasn’t deteriorated over time.
Are Bassinet Strollers Worth It?
This depends entirely on what you need out of a stroller.
In general, I’d say that if you intend on being actively out and about often with your newborn, then a bassinet to toddler stroller system would be perfect for you and your child.
Not being cooped up in the house all hours of the day is important for both the health of your child and the mental and physical health of you as a parent.
How Long Can My Child Use a Bassinet Stroller?
If the stroller is strictly only a bassinet and does not have any conversions to accommodate toddlers or larger children, then you can expect a bassinet stroller to only last for the first six months of your newborn’s life.
However, as I feel that paying upwards of several hundred dollars for six months isn’t worth it, I’ve ensured that every single one of the above bassinet strollers can easily accommodate your child for up to three years through toddler conversion seats included in the purchase price of each model.
Thus, every single one of the above bassinet strollers should last up to three years or until your child reaches a weight of about 50 pounds. Whichever is sooner!
Can My Infant Sleep in a Bassinet Stroller Easily and Comfortably?
Absolutely. All bassinet strollers feature the option of allowing your infant to lie horizontally in a safe harness typically complete with five points of contact.
The comfort of each of the above bassinet strollers varies, but all infants should be able to sleep with proper padding no matter which bassinet stroller you end up with.
Picking the Best Bassinet Stroller for Your Needs
Still not sure which of the above bassinet strollers is right for you? No problem. We’ve collected the best points of each of the above bassinets strollers below in an abbreviated form to help assist you guys and gals still on the fence about which one is best for you.
- If you want the overall best bassinet stroller that has a complete modular travel system which will last until your child can completely walk on his or her own:
Evenflo Pivot Modular Traveling System
- If you’re on a strict budget and can’t afford to splurge for the pricier options, but still want a quality bassinet stroller that should last with moderate maintenance:
Cynebaby Infant to Toddler Baby Stroller
- If you want a luxurious option that has the ability to swivel a full 360 degrees and provided the maximum amount of versatility and comfort for your child:
Hot Mom 360 Degree Rotation Bassinet Stroller
- If you want a luxury design without the luxury price tag that comes with far more pricier options:
Cynebaby Convertible Bassinet Stroller
- If you want another 5-in-1 travel system that’s plush, durable, and versatile in form and function:
Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System
Thanks for reading, new and old parents!